CORPORATE VIDEO SONGS
Corporate videos have become increasingly important, because, as one HubSpot study found, 87% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support. In Wyzowl’s annual State of Video Marketing Survey, when asked how they’d prefer to learn about new products or services, 68% of consumers said a short video would be best.
So, expertly-produced, attention-grabbing video is a must for your business. Whether you’re creating a brand video, ‘explainer’ video, company presentation, promotional video, staff training video, or an advert, you’re representing your company, for customers or internally. Once you’ve decided on a style and put together the visuals, what other vital element do you need to set the mood, create engagement and make it both professional and memorable? A soundtrack.
Here’s our expert guide to choosing and using corporate video music.
How do you choose the best background music for presentations?
- First, you have to decide what role the music is playing – is it supporting your presentation, or driving it?
- Ie, do you need dramatic music, or music that is more ambient? If it’s supposed to be in the background, but your viewer notices it too much, it could distract from your content or message
- What mood or emotion do you want your viewer to feel? For heartfelt emotion, you might want a classical, strings-led piece, whilst excitement or action will need a track that’s faster paced
- Match the art style of your video to the style of the music you’re using; are the two working harmoniously to deliver your message?
- Use music to ‘top and tail’ your video. If you feature music more heavily at the beginning and end, it can help to set the tone at the start, and provide a more polished finish. And don’t forget that you can bring the music more to the foreground at certain points, if you need to divide the video into segments, or amp up the emotion
How to get background music for corporate videos or slideshows
Now you’ve decided whether you need soft background music, or a track that’s got more drive to it, what are your options?
Professional background music for presentations
If you’re looking to step up in terms of the music for your corporate videos or Powerpoint presentations, a music library gives you far greater options in terms of unique tracks, edits and quality. Libraries have different licensing agreements and price points available, depending on what projects you’re using the music for.
With 87% of marketers using YouTube, it’s important that you don’t fall foul of YouTube’s Content ID system. This detects uploads of music protected by copyright. If they find that you’ve misused music without a licence, your video can be blocked or taken down.
Using music from a catalogue such as Audio Network’s has the advantage that if you’re posting your video on YouTube, all the licensing is already cleared for use.
How to license music for corporate videos
Audio Network’s search tools enable you to filter based on musical style, mood or emotion, instrumentation, genres such as action or comedy and even by bpm. We hand-pick playlists every month, which can help you to find the best background music for your presentation.
Corporate video music
We’ve picked some of what we think are the strongest combinations of background music with visuals for corporate presentations.
The Contra agency was tasked with showing the beauty and impact of Honda’s production line. The sound-design and pumping music work brilliantly to reinforce the fast edits that take the viewer at speed behind the scenes around one of Honda’s largest manufacturing hubs.
Looking for similarly impactful music? Check out our Maximum Impact collection:
Mencap’s animated promo by 3angrymen features an uplifting track to go with its positive message of #Dontmissout
Slack Teams’ witty TV commercial has been viewed nearly 16 million times on YouTube. Its expert blend of CGI animal office workers and quirky soundtrack make for a really fun ad.
Find out more about our services, licences and music for branded content: